The Quixotic Pastor

Thursday, July 27, 2006

I am proud of both of my churches ...

... and so is the Rev. Elder Diane Fisher, the Elder serving our very own region 5. Both Gospel of Jesus Christ MCC and Redeemer MCC are current in their tithes to the denomination, thanks to God's generosity and blessing. Let's pray that the blessings will pour out on other churches in our denomination who may be struggling --just as we were earlier in the summer-- and that those tithes will be forthcoming soon.

By the way, if you are one of my congregants or another MCC congregant, you can join me and others in a meeting with Rev. Elder Diane Fisher and the Moderator of our denomination, the Rev. Elder Nancy Wilson, at an all-day retreat at Divine Peace MCC in Pontiac this coming Friday, August 4. For more information, check out Divine Peace's website at http://www.divinepeacemcc.org.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:45 PM , Blogger LutheranChik said...

    Hello! I was cheered to see you listed as a new member of the RevGalBlogPals ring.

    I'm in my second year of study for lay ministry in my synod of the ELCA; my parish is a tiny rural one on the outskirts of the greater Tri-Cities area. I really love what I'm doing, and feel called to do, although I live with the tension of being in a denomination that still puts conditions on the service of persons in our community. It's just nice to know that there's "family" in ministry in my general neck of the woods. Anyway, welcome to the RevGals!

     
  • At 12:36 PM , Blogger Reverend Dona Quixote said...

    Thanks lutheranchik ... I'm glad to know there's "family" in ministry in this general area as well. Maybe we'll bump into each other some time ... if we haven't already.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home