The Quixotic Pastor

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Been Sick

I have been feeling kind of rotten since Tuesday, either some sort of low level flu that's going around or just a well entrenched sinus infection, featuring a low grade fever, splitting headaches and on Tuesday and Wednesday an unpleasant nausea.

So I did things for my churches that I could do with a minimum of direct human contact --hence planning out and writing the first lesson for a new adult Christian Ed curriculum on the Sermon on the Mount, the updating of one church's website [a task which goes really slow for me since I am learning Microsoft Frontpage as I go], a conference call with my Regional Elder, a conversation with a Flint area mover-and-shaker about an exciting event series for the entire community around National Coming Out Day [October 11 for those of you who may not know] that I hope to get my church there involved with.

When I felt bad, I'd go lie down for a little while and watch TV until I felt better.

I also bottled my homebrew yesterday ... nothing's exploded so far.

But it means I really have to bust my butt today to get worship and sermon done.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:50 AM , Blogger Reverend Dona Quixote said...

    Oh yes, the other thing I would like to get done today is completing the update for the one church's website, which means changing the Mission Statement link and page to About Us, a general information page.

    Something odd about this stuff --changing the button which gets you to the page is harder than changing the page itself, because of the artwork that is involved and the nature of the software involved in that ...

     
  • At 3:57 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Girl, you have got too much to do while being sick. Better lay down, take the meds, drink lots of fluids, and eat your chicken noodle soup.

    And when you get through learning front page will you teach me?

    i sure hope you get better soon.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home