The Quixotic Pastor

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Pistol Returns Home

Yes!!! Pistol, my mother-n-law, [she would be if DH and I could legally marry in the US] went home from the hospital yesterday. I picked her up and took her home. I have spent many hours this week and last week caring for this 78 year-old woman who has adopted me as one of her daughters [when you have 7 children, what's one more?] My DH, her daughter in fact, has been unable to get time away from her job to oversee her care, so the visits and phone calls fell to me. Since my church schedule has been fairly intense this week, with a meeting or a class every evening, I am about whipped ... but she is doing wonderfully well. Blood pressure's levelled out, heart rate is behaving, dizziness gone.

The next time you hear some eejit from Focus on the Family or the American Family Association say that gays and lesbians are anti-family, you tell 'em my story... it's the same story for countless other queer-folk, very much the rule rather than the exception, despite what James Dobson might tell you.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:37 AM , Blogger Terri said...

    Thank you for sharing your story. If I had it my way everyone who wanted to marry could, and I'd gladly marry 'em (ok, I have to do premarital counseling, but that can be fun). Geez you'd think with the decline in marriage and long term commitments we'd be all for supporting everyone! I just don't get it sometimes, seems so plain to me.

    Anyway - have a great dinner and romantic night at home, and I hope your mother in law is well.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home