The Quixotic Pastor

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Flirting With Gender-Bending



So, in honor of the soon to arrive Transgender Day of Remembrance, one of my alter egos [altar egos?] is coming out of the closet on my blog today.

We had a drag show at church last year as a fundraiser [one can do this in MCC] and one of our big secrets was that the pastor would be performing. As a Drag King. One can do this in MCC.

This is Harley Hogg, an expression of my masculinity and my "Born to be Wild" side. He very closely resembles one of my brothers. I am very proud of him.

You can't see it in this particular photo, but Harley sports a flat chest, at the cost of some of his ability to breathe. It takes some doing to convert the chest of a woman whose bra size is normally a 42D into a "manly" chest, but it can be done, utilizing a sports bra that is at least 3 sizes too small, a wide ace bandage and lots and lots of duck tape.

Harley's biggest problem with being a Drag King is that he forgets to lip-synch and sings instead. People are surprised that Harley's a mezzo-soprano.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 10:34 PM , Blogger LadyBurg said...

    Ummm...seriously, how do you breathe? My chest (as in my torso) hurts thinging about that.

    You look amazing! I wouldn't mess with that guy. :)

     
  • At 1:15 PM , Blogger Reverend Dona Quixote said...

    Ladyburg, it was difficult to breathe, but I managed.

    Made if wonder if this is what it was like for my female ancestors to wear a corset?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home