The Quixotic Pastor

Friday, October 05, 2007

Thankfulness Friday Five

Mary Beth of Terrapin Station posts a very simple F5 this week: Name five things [people, places, miracles] for which you are thankful.

This is one of those weeks for me in which the practice of gratitude is a discipline, not an emotion readily expressed, so this is a timely exercise. Here goes ...

1. I am thankful for a loving partner that will sleep with me even when I have eaten more than a usual amount of GARLIC. ["Are you afraid of vampires or something?" DH asked me this morning. "I know it's healthy for you to eat it, but doesn't it work better in small doses ...? I'm not complaining or anything."]

You mean garlic isn't an aphrodisiac? Who knew?

2. I am thankful for techy things like skype, facebook and blogrings, which allow me to be in touch with a supportive, loving community made up of folks that send me everything from virtual flowers to virtual Porsches [a particularly memorable gift from Rainbow Pastor.]
I am especially thankful for these things when I am mightily tempted to chuck the PC out the nearest window or take a sledge hammer to it, as has happened often this past week.

3. I am thankful for what folks in the recovery community sometimes call an AFGO [she says aloud as she types through her gritted teeth]: Another Fireplacin' Growth Opportunity.

4. I am thankful for my two-week vacation which starts next Wednesday.

5. I am most especially thankful that God sees an order in chaos that I cannot, and I will trust that She Knows What She Is Doing. I will trust that when the time is right, She Will Let Me In On The Secret Just A Little Bit.

4 Comments:

  • At 8:07 AM , Blogger Jan said...

    Nice playing--Happy vacation next week!

     
  • At 8:57 AM , Blogger RevDrKate said...

    Oh, AFGO's! I have not thought about that term in a long time....thanks for the reminder! Nice play, have a restful vacation.

     
  • At 1:46 PM , Blogger Terri said...

    AFGO's - yeah...have a great vacation.

     
  • At 1:55 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Shoot, I've got one of those AFGO's going on right now. Thanks for giving it a name!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home