The Quixotic Pastor

Thursday, November 01, 2007

The Power I Didn't Know I Had Is Really Amazing

There appears to be a rumor/misunderstanding going around some folks who are a part of the congregation from which I am departing that I and one other member of a 5 person board of directors have somehow managed to put a second mortgage against the church property in order to create a severance package for me.

I don't have the power to do that. Neither does the other board member mentioned. I wouldn't do it if I did, because it is not ethical and it's illegal --that would be embezzelment. In fact, the board of directors would not have the power to borrow against the building --that would have to go before a congregational meeting because of the amount of money involved.

Since I have no provision for severance in my contract beyond being paid for unused vacation--all of which has been used-- I am very, very infuriated by this. I really hope I am mistaken that this is happening.

5 Comments:

  • At 3:17 AM , Blogger Processing Counselor said...

    Gossip is a terrible thing and in the jewish faith is a sin. I hope this whole thing clears up so that you can leave without a dark cloud.

     
  • At 7:39 AM , Blogger LadyBurg said...

    Oh, I'm so sorry what a mess. Has anything changed since you posted this?

     
  • At 9:11 AM , Blogger Reverend Dona Quixote said...

    Yes, Ladyburg, the good news is that I have had one very significant opportunity to correct the misperception calmly and coolly.

     
  • At 9:11 AM , Blogger Reverend Dona Quixote said...

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 2:39 PM , Blogger LadyBurg said...

    Good Good! What a mess.

    By the way, I like the new blog layout. Very nice.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home