The Quixotic Pastor

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

I've Just Come Out Of The Blog Closet


I have been thinking about including my real name and a photo on my blog profile now for a couple of weeks.

Why? Well, since MCC congregations are relatively few in number, and since my church is one of the links on my template, I've never really been anonymous anyhow. Anyone could find out who Rev. Dona Quixote is with just a few clicks of the mouse or by googling "MCC" and "Michigan." [I think some of you actually have.] Because of that, I have always weighed very carefully what I have written in my blog anyhow, since I have never really been that anonymous in the first place.

So I thought I would just save folks the effort.

I am also about to construct a page for my congregation on both myspace and facebook, so my congregation's online presence --and my online presence also-- is about to grow.

This is, of course, risky for me since I am about to undertake a search for part-time employment here in Mid-Michigan and there are some employers who would be reluctant to hire an out lesbian. There are no employment discrimination protections for gays and lesbians on the state level, unfortunately. Fortunately, many private employers DO offer those protections.

My dear RevGalBlogPals and others, I solicit your prayers during this transition time.

7 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home