The Quixotic Pastor

Friday, November 17, 2006

Revgalblogpals Friday Five: Giving Thanks

Today's Friday Five is, appropriately, naming five things for which we give thanks.

1. I give thanks for the goodness of God in the gift of my partner DH.

2. I give thanks for the existence of my denomination, Metropolitan Community Churches, in which my full participation as a GLBT person in the life of Christ's Body is neither questioned nor debated. [We fight about other things, of course, and we have our own inclusion issues, but that's a subject for another time.]

3. I give thanks for good friends of all kinds, and my family's love and care.

4. I give thanks for the warm, furry creatures that grace our household, Angel the Aussie, Boy the Retreiver, Pooter the Gray Tabby and Corky, the Krazy Kalico Kat... [despite the fact I have to change their cat box this morning.]

5. I give thanks for the two faith communities that call me to be their pastor.

Thank you, gracious God, for all of these things and so much more: the challenges and opportunities of change, old wisdom and new learning, the joy of this holiday season and most especially for your loving presence in which we and all things move and live and have our being! Amen.

5 Comments:

  • At 7:43 AM , Blogger Sally said...

    good list, and Amen to the prayer- thanks for sharing

     
  • At 8:00 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    You have almost as many pets as we do! (Two dogs and three cats here.) It's amazing how much joy they can bring into our lives.

     
  • At 8:23 AM , Blogger Reverend Dona Quixote said...

    Not to mention that Pooter and Angel don't mind when I touch them with my cold feet ... they're better than an electric blanket or electric socks!

     
  • At 7:56 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    What a wonderful list, Rev Dona!

    In my list, I gave thanks for friends--and you are one of them!

     
  • At 7:43 AM , Blogger Maria Tafoya said...

    Your list is wonderful! Thanks!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home