The Quixotic Pastor

Friday, December 15, 2006

Friday Five

The lovely Songbird posts:

For this mid-December Friday Five, let's explore some Yuletide favorites.

1) It's a Wonderful Life--Is it? Do you remember seeing it for the first time?

Yes, life is wonderful ... as for the movie, the first version I ever saw was a made for TV remake where Marlo Thomas played the Jimmy Stewart role and Wayne Rogers the Donna Reed role --well, sort of. Cloris Leachman played the angel. I have never seen this version before or since. Yes, I watch the classic IAWL, but I don't enjoy it nearly as much as The Christmas Story or almost any version of A Christmas Carol.

2) Miracle on 34th Street--old version or new?

Old. And I like it colorized, I decided just the other night.

3) Do you have a favorite incarnation of Mr. Scrooge?

With my personal love-hate relationship with the Christmas season, I think I am my own favorite incarnation of Scrooge --Bah Humbug!!!!

4) Why should it be a problem for an elf to be a dentist? I've been watching Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer for years now, and I still don't get it.

Maybe it's because an elf isn't supposed to be down-in-the-mouth?

5) Who's the scariest character in Christmas specials/movies? The Bumble, The Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come, Muppet Version, That Mean Magician Who Tries to Melt Frosty or Your Nomination

How about the faux psychologist in A Miracle on 34th Street?

7 Comments:

  • At 9:27 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    I like your choice for scary!

     
  • At 9:41 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    "Maybe it's because an elf isn't supposed to be down-in-the-mouth?"

    Best giggle of the day... thanks!
    :)
    deb

     
  • At 10:13 AM , Blogger will smama said...

    hee, hee, hee... down in the mouth... hee

     
  • At 11:05 AM , Blogger Shawna Atteberry said...

    I didn't know they did a remake of It's a Wonderful Life. And the psychatrist is a scary guy.

     
  • At 10:51 PM , Blogger Sue said...

    Heh. I like the dentist response....

    I haven't seen the colourized version of Miracale on 34th Street. I'll have to look for it.

     
  • At 7:12 AM , Blogger hip2b said...

    Hey, I used the down-in-thw-mouth thing too. Great minds...

     
  • At 7:36 AM , Blogger Tom in Ontario said...

    I remember seeing the Marlo Thomas version as a kid (I think I was still a kid). I saw it again a year or two ago and we taped it but I don't know if we still have the tape.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home