The Quixotic Pastor

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Glad It's Not My Job

Today, I am celebrating that, by the grace of God, I am NOT the Archbishop of Canterbury.

Talk about being caught between a rock and a hard place!

+Rowan Williams did not invite +Gene Robinson to the 2008 Lambeth Conference, although +Gene is a duly elected Bishop within the Anglican Communion.

He also didn't invite +Martyn Minns, whose consecration as a bishop of the Church of Nigeria-founded Convocation of Anglicans in North America (CANA) is questioned because CANA is a breakaway group that does not have membership in the Anglican Communion.

You can read a lot about it here

But at any rate, soulforce has launched a petition [1,052 signatures so far when I signed] requesting that the Archbishop invite +Gene to Lambeth. You can read it and sign it here if you wish.

I wish you would.

4 Comments:

  • At 6:49 PM , Blogger Terri said...

    Yes. I will sign it. But in my opinion, if Williams is unwilling to invite Gene Robinson then he should also be unwilling to invite Akinola (Primate of Nigeria who "ordained" Minns in THE FIRST PLACE). Yes I get it that Akinola argues that his interference in the ECUSA is grounded in colonialism and Western European Christian invasion into Nigeria and therefore on those same grounds he is entitled to do likewise in the USA, ie ordain folks to "colonize" us....but i'd argue back that two wrongs DON'T make a right...

    sigh

    sigh

    I'm an Episcopal priest a "member" of the "world wide Anglican Communions"....and, I am so tired of this. I wish the Archbishop of Canterbury would stand on his beliefs and not his fears...

    Ok. You may not want to "publish" my rant on your blog...I understand.

     
  • At 7:41 PM , Blogger Dr. Laura Marie Grimes said...

    Thank you for posting this. I signed and gave it a push on my blog as well.

     
  • At 4:39 PM , Blogger Reverend Dona Quixote said...

    Mompriest, ML, thanks for signing Soulforce's petition.

    Mompriest, in some ways your rant is more appropriate to post than my initial blog just because you ARE a member of the Anglican communion --I'm not.

     
  • At 9:18 AM , Blogger Mary Beth said...

    I signed it but forgot to say so. And told them I was Episcopalian.

    so there, ABC.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home