The Quixotic Pastor

Friday, May 11, 2007

Friday Five: Po-TAY-to or Po-TAH-to

Reverend Mother [who I think may be feeling a little mischevious today ;)] posts the following Friday Five:

There are two types of people in the world, morning people and night owls. Or Red Sox fans and Yankees fans. Or boxers and briefs. Or people who divide the world into two types of people and those who don't. Let your preferences be known here. And if you're feeling verbose, defend your choices!

1. Mac? (woo-hoo!) or PC? (boo!)
Why yes, the Friday Five author reserves the right to editorialize!

I choose PC, but only because I'm not familiar with Mac. There are lots of reasons why I might prefer Mac --such as being less prone to viruses, such as Apple being a very GLBT friendly company, such as thumbing my nose at Bill Gates ... but every company I've ever worked at and every church I've been a part of utilizes PC. Sometimes I feel like it's trying to choose between BetaMax and VHS

2. Pizza: Chicago style luscious hearty goodness, or New York floppy and flaccid?

How about European Brick Oven Crisp Crust instead?

3. Brownies/fudge containing nuts:
a) Good. I like the variation in texture.
b) An abomination unto the Lord. The nuts take up valuable chocolate space.
[or a response of your choosing]

Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't ...

4. Do you hang your toilet paper so that the "tail" hangs flush with the wall, or over the top of the roll like normal people do?

Neither DH nor I cares how it is hung, just that it is hung ... and that it's the other person's job to do it. :D

5. Toothpaste: Do you squeeze the tube wantonly in the middle, or squeeze from the bottom and flatten as you go just like the tube instructs?

Proud to be a wanton middle squeezer, that ever so often kneads the tube so that the toothpaste is pushed towards the top ...

Bonus: Share your favorite either/or.

Verbal or Non-verbal processors --and why do they tend to marry one another?

DH: yadadaayayaayayyayayayayayayayadayadayadayadayadad [breath] yadayadayadayadayadayada

RDQ: Hm. [raised eyebrow]

5 Comments:

  • At 12:42 PM , Blogger Lori said...

    Never tried European Brick Oven Crisp Crust. Sounds interesting.

    And I'm definitely a verbal married to a non-verbal who is so non-verbal he gets angry when my questions require him to speak.

     
  • At 12:51 PM , Blogger hip2b said...

    I remember hearing something once about visual vs. audial learners and that you can hear the audial learners talking to themselves as they look for things in their houses, the visual ones just LOOK.
    I am verbal!

     
  • At 2:44 PM , Blogger Terri said...

    In my house three of us are quiet (husband, son, me) and one of us is an extroverted extrovert (daughter). Case in point, as a three year old she would tell me her dreams. An hour later she was still talking. I'm sure the dream part ended after the first few minutes, but then her imagination took over and continued the dream theme....it was too funny!

     
  • At 6:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Re: the bonus question--that happens in our house, too :)

     
  • At 7:31 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Oh the bonus was worth the read. LOL.
    Loved your play.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home