The Quixotic Pastor

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Earth IS crammed with heaven ....

“Earth is crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
But only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit and pluck blueberries.” -----Elizabeth Barrett Browning


Yup, that's essentially my theme for worship for this week. I am joining some pastors within the Australian Church and God knows whom else in participating in the Season of Creation, one Sunday ahead of time. What is the season of creation? Check out www.textweek.com and find out. But the first Sunday in the season of creation is Earth Sunday, and I am busy delving into Earth Prayers [Harper San Francisco, 1991] for liturgy for the service.

As I write this, I think about and pray for my faithful dog Angel, who is hospitalized at the vet's with an unknown but potentially very scary illness. I hope she makes it through to join me at one of the Blessing of the Animals services I will do this year ... Pooter and Corky [they're cats] and Boy [DH's dad's dog, whom we inherited] offer their prayers for Angel as well.

PS It was so nice to receive such a warm welcome from various members of the RevGalBlogPals family --thanks y'all!

5 Comments:

  • At 9:13 AM , Blogger hip2b said...

    Love the quote! Glad to hear about MCC. Praying for your sweet dog.

     
  • At 12:45 PM , Blogger Mary Beth said...

    Welcome late, and God bless Angel! from another INFP. :)

     
  • At 1:09 PM , Blogger Cathy said...

    Welcome to the RGBP from an ENFP.

     
  • At 5:49 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    I love that poem, and I quoted it on one of my posts. I have that book also of Earth Prayers. We use it off and on at family devotionals. Welcome again to rgbp.

     
  • At 4:49 AM , Blogger Melissa said...

    Want to welcome you too...wow, seems like there are a lot of us INFPs around!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home