The Quixotic Pastor

Friday, June 22, 2007

One More Weird Thing

Oh ... and did I mention that my great-to-the-12th power grandfather has gone down in history for making William Penn's life miserable?

Somewhere in the archives for the great state of Pennsylvania, there's a letter my ancestor wrote to William Penn, complaining that Penn had not dealt fairly in his purchase of/setting aside land for my ancestor. There's also some pamphlets my ancestor wrote, that got him kicked out of meeting in 1717 ... the minutes of that particular meeting often include my ancestor's name, and in every mention my ancestor is pretty well being a royal pain-in-the anatomy to somebody, whether it's the widow who refused his attentions or the man that widow eventually chose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home