The Quixotic Pastor

Friday, August 17, 2007

Friday 5: Word Association Redux

From Reverend Mother:

This one is patterned off an old Friday Five written by Songbird, our Friday Five Creator Emerita:

Below you will find five words. Tell us the first thing you think of on reading each one. Your response might be simply another word, or it might be a sentence, a poem or a story.

1. vineyard
Mmmmmmmmm .... wine... yum. Actually have a visual of Willow Vineyards, a Michigan vineyard high on a hill that overlooks Grand Traverse Bay and has an incredible view --it is a wonderful place --and I bet Lutheran Chik has been there. Michiganders take note.
2. root
Depth --genealogical depth, depth in one's community--and nourishment.
3. rescue
What I find myself doing an awful lot of ....
4. perseverance
It's one of RDQ's [that's me] main ingredients, although it is listed as "persistence of pig-head" --see the post above this one
5. divided
Thinking about that classic parenting tale: two children have to share a candy bar. One cuts it in two, the other picks the piece s/he wants ... If only all of life were like that.

(Each of these appears in one of the readings from this Sunday's lectionary.)

1 Comments:

  • At 8:02 PM , Blogger Terri said...

    persistence as in "pig-headed"...did I read that correctly? hee hee...sounds like some one I know (ah, not me, that would be my darling 19 year old daughter, sweet thing that she is, sometimes)....(actually, ok. I raised her to be strong, and this is what I get?)

    vineyard (or as my typo forst spelled it, wineyard) - in Michigan... I love the area you are in. Have spent many summers outside Traverse City on Lake Michigan and in the Dunes...but, I have not tried Michigan wine....maybe I'll have to make a point to do that.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home