The Quixotic Pastor

Friday, August 24, 2007

Miscellaneous Friday Notes

It was raining swords and daggers just a moment ago --now it's not. But it will be again soon.
-----------------------------
My two cats, Pooter and Corky, have been missing their catboxes a lot lately. In fact, they've even missed the room in the basement where their catboxes are located. I've just mopped the floor in the basement [the part where we like to dance and party] with Murphy's Oil Soap and water. Next, when it's thoroughly dry, I'm going to mop the floor with plain white vinegar. The theory is that, since cat urine is mostly ammonia, a base, the vinegar, which is an acid, will neutralize the cat's pee. We'll see ... in the meantime, my house will likely smell like I'm processing pickles for a few days.

It's a good thing DH and I love the cats --otherwise they might be on a slow boat to China by now.
-----------------------------
Tonight I'm going to do something I haven't done in about 20 years. I'm going to make tacos the way my mother used to make them. It goes something like this. Preheat the oven to 350. Brown ground beef. Drain. Add some onion. Pour a can of store-bought chili --real chili like Wolf brand or Austex-- into the meat. Let simmer for awhile until its bubbly. Spoon a generous portion of the chili and meat mixture into taco shells. Sprinkle in cheese and onion. Bake in the oven, until the cheese is melted and the beef stuff is a little dry in appearance. When the tacos cool, try to eat them without spilling the contents onto your shirt.

This is the way we used to eat tacos before we discovered Taco Bell ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home