The Quixotic Pastor

Friday, December 28, 2007

"Auld Lang Syne" Friday Five

Singing Owl in the RGBP F5 this week invites us to revisit 2007:

"It is hard to believe, but 2007 is about to be history, and this is our last Friday Five of the year. With that in mind, share five memorable moments of 2007. These can be happy or sad, profound or silly, good or bad but things that you will remember. Bonus points for telling us of a "God sighting"-- a moment when the light came through the darkness, a word was spoken, a song sung, laughter rang out, a sermon spoke to you in a new way--whatever you choose, but a moment in 2007 when you sensed Emmanuel, God with us. Or more particularly, you."

Hmmm. Lemmesee ... in no particular order:

1. The April Washington DC trip to lobby US Congress about hate crimes and job protections for LGBT people was memorable because I learned some things about myself and because I thoroughly enjoyed the people I travelled with.

2. Leaving one of my two churches and the entire process that led up to making the decision.

3. I have met a lot of people and made some new friends --more so than usual-- in the year 2007. I have become closer to some folks I already knew.

4. Entertaining my brother and SIL this summer, the first of my family to come from Texas to visit me up here in the Land of God's Left and Right Hands.

5. Realizing that I really do want to go back to school and figuring out which degree I want to pursue

These are quite lame, I think, but 2007 hasn't been exactly a great year for me.

Here's to a better 2008 ...!

4 Comments:

  • At 3:51 PM , Blogger Jan said...

    I don't think your five are "lame." You said a lot in a few words. These and your profile statement make me want to know you better! And I love to go to school, so I'll be interested to find out what you're thinking of studying.

     
  • At 5:05 PM , Blogger Sue said...

    Not lame at all!!

    Best wishes for you as discern your next academic step...

     
  • At 5:38 PM , Blogger revkjarla said...

    thank you for your authentic play. may 2008 bring you deeper clarity in your journey,and many celebrations along the way. Congrats on 9 years with DH! My beloved and I celebrate 5 this week!

     
  • At 7:35 PM , Blogger Terri said...

    Going to school is great idea...umm, what degree indeed...But I kinda agree, 2007 will not go down in my book of greats...sigh.

    Here is to a better 2008. Many Blessings!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home