The Quixotic Pastor

Friday, February 01, 2008

Friday 5

Sally, one of the RevGalBlogPals from across the pond shares this:

There is so much going on this weekend that I thought I'd provide an options Friday 5!!!!

First: Superbowl ( someone explain to this Brit the significance)- love it or hate it?
5 reasons please!!!!!

What's fun about the superbowl: the commercials [usually], the parties, often the halftime show, watching people watching the game, wardrobe malfunctions and other unexpected events

What's not fun about the superbowl: the hype, that usually the game itself is a disappointment



Second: Candlemas/ Imbloc/ Groundhog day/ St Brigid's day- all of these fall on either the 1st or 2nd February.

1. Do you celebrate one or more of these?
2. How?
3. Is this a bit of fun or deeply significant?
4. Are festivals/ Saints days important to you?
5.Name your favourite Saints day/ celebration.

I'm thinking I would like to cultivate the practice of celebrating Saints days as a means of enriching my faith. I could care less about Groundhog Day.

I'm looking forward to reading everyone's posts on these questions.



Bonus- 2nd Feburary is also my Birthday- I will donate £1.00 for every comment on my Friday Five Post to the Methodist Relief and Development Fund.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:56 AM , Blogger Sr. Heather said...

    An interesting post. A little intentional fun is very important. Hope you have a great weekend!

     
  • At 12:27 PM , Blogger Processing Counselor said...

    Wow, lots of superbowl fans and not so much for the Groundhog. Hmmm.

     
  • At 3:36 PM , Blogger Sally said...

    Thanks for playing QP. I knew little abt Saints until recently, but have been enriched by their stories!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home