The Quixotic Pastor

Friday, April 27, 2007

Friday Five: What Are You ...?

1. Wearing

Blue jeans. I think they may be Mom jeans, although I'm not a Mom, but I'm not sure. Forgive my ignorance --would someone please tell me what Mom jeans ARE?

Long sleeve dark blue T-shirt. No shoes, cuz' I'm still trying to get my blisters to heal, and wounds need air.

2. Pondering

Oh ... the mysteries of love, marriage, civil unions, relationships, sex ... but trying to get myself in a worship/sermon prep mode that has nothing really to do with any of THOSE particular ideas.

3. Reading

Besides Christianity For The Rest of Us? Revgalblogpal blogs, of course. With occasional forays into a collection of essays called, Our Families, Our Values: Snapshots of Queer Kinship.

4. Dreaming

Of sunny days! If I can just make through until tomorrow, and if I get my work done today [see #2], then tomorrow afternoon/evening I can go fishing

5. Eating

A turkey bacon, mushroom and cheddar cheese 2-egg omelet. Finishing my morning measure of Joe.

6 Comments:

  • At 8:31 AM , Blogger Sue said...

    Mmmmm....your breakfast sounds yummy.

    I think Mom jeans generally have a high waist band (the kind you could tuck under your bra - not that you would) and they narrow at the ankle. *shudder*

    Another clue would be an elastic waist band. *shudders again*

     
  • At 10:31 AM , Blogger Iris said...

    Mom jeans are high waisted, oftentimes have elastic waists and I have 2 pair in my closet!

     
  • At 10:36 AM , Blogger DogBlogger said...

    See this video for a comprehensive mom jeans tutorial.

     
  • At 11:03 AM , Blogger Amy said...

    My definition of mom jeans=frumpy, not expecially figure flattering or fashion conscious.

    I should know b/c I have a whole drawer full of 'em.

    Long time ago I cared about fashion--now I'm just happy to be able to brush my teeth and hair in the morning.

     
  • At 11:20 AM , Blogger Reverend Dona Quixote said...

    Ah, thank you all for enlightening me.

    My jeans are NOT Mom jeans. But I wouldn't exactly call 'em fashionable either, since my DH complains they are too baggy and hang off of my ...um ... anatomy.

    Hey dogblogger! You're a Perkins person? I received my M.Div from there in 1990 --that bathroom in Selectman hall was tiny then, too!

     
  • At 1:16 PM , Blogger Di said...

    Mom jeans: high-waisted, and tend to make one's bum look flat and wide. Often narrow and/or short at the ankle. Not good.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home