The Quixotic Pastor

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Waiting For The Police To Arrive

This morning, I attempted to leave the house at 11:00 am to go to an HIV/AIDS walk meeting in Flint when I discovered that someone had rifled the contents of my vehicle.

I open the car door, and immediately noticed that the console lid was open, the glove compartment was open, and the contents of those things as well as the various other cubbyholes in the dashboard were scattered all over the front seats and the floor boards.

Obviously I had forgotten to lock it last night. Whoops.

So then I called DH, who hadn't noticed any of this, but she knew from how her auto alarm responded this morning when she clicked it that someone had tried her vehicle too.

Next I walked around the house to ensure that nothing else had been broken into ... then I called the police.

Fortunately, there was nothing of financial value in my vehicle, nothing really for anyone to take. No CD's, charge cards, auto titles, cash or papers with important numbers --only lots of paper products, many books and, because I'm a slob, lots of trash. They didn't take my Bible. Didn't take Christianity For The Rest of Us. Didn't take the cheap cigars I had squirrelled away that I occasionally smoke.

Ofr. F just stopped by, got a little info, left me number to call in the event I found something actually missing.

So now I am going to put everything back where it belongs, and then I will go get a battery for my car clicker so I won't forget to lock the damn thing anymore. And DH and I will be parking our vehicles in the garage from now on, in all probability.

4 Comments:

  • At 8:07 PM , Blogger LadyBurg said...

    Ugh. I'm so sorry! Wouldn't it be nice to live in one of those places where you don't have to lock your car. I doubt I ever will. But it must be nice.

     
  • At 6:53 AM , Blogger Rainbow Pastor said...

    I just saw this! I am so sorry!

    Even though nothing of value is taken, it's still a scary thing.

    ((Rev Dona))

     
  • At 7:35 AM , Blogger Reverend Dona Quixote said...

    Thanks for your kind words, LB and RP. At some point this weekend, I am going to clean the car inside and out as a symbolic reclaiming of my vehicle.

    Wonder if whoever went through it noticed the Bible in the back seat --or the plastic Jesus I have on my dashboard?

    Maybe I need to add a Moses bobble head and a BVM? Round it out with a little Buddha?

    I've always wanted a "buddy Jesus" from Dogma ...

     
  • At 7:11 PM , Blogger LadyBurg said...

    I think a "buddy Jesus" would give your car good karma - definitely!

    Cleaning sounds like a good way of reclaiming the car. Its the violation that stings, huh.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home