The Quixotic Pastor

Monday, September 11, 2006

Interesting week

Well ... rats. It has been over a week since I blogged last. But I have interesting things to write about. At least, I think it was interesting ... you may certainly beg to differ ;) ...

Labor Day, I actually took a full and complete day off! I don't think I even touched the computer. I read a non-theology related, non church related book [!] I grilled fajitas [vegetarian for DH] and made spanish rice for dinner. It was a wonderfully non-productive day ... ah!

Tuesday, I spent all day at the hospital with DH, whose mom had an angioplasty to open up an artery in her leg so her foot would receive better circulation. The before and after pictures were incredible! The artery in question went from about the size of a paneling nail to the size of a pencil!!!! Since we were there for 12 hours [she was delayed twice] I started reading Friedman's Generation to Generation [because several RevGalBlogPals had mentioned it.] Wish I had read it about 7 years ago ... I am looking forward to reading more of it this week.

Wednesday and Thursday, I did worship preparation/study and worked on the lesson for one church's Bible study group.

Friday, I went down to the Flint church and painted. All day. With a roller. Outside wall. Beautiful weather. Someone else volunteered to do the trim work on the wall, so I didn't have to! Big crew. Many projects accomplished on the building's ongoing facelift. It is looking good!

Saturday, thanks to the generosity of a congregant, DH and I went down to Ann Arbor to the Big House [the U of M football stadium, not a prison] to see a game. We and about 107,000 other people made history --for the first time ever, officials attempted to empty the stadium when inclement weather [lightning and hail] threatened, because there's no dome. 107,000 soggy people, standing shoulder to shoulder, trying to get somewhere other than where we were ... most of us finally gave up, and returned to our seats to sit in the rain. Thankfully, no lightning, no hail. Game resumes 40 minutes later ...

Sunday ... one service, one visitation, one board meeting, second service, one potluck ... one pooped pastor.

This week, back to a normal routine ... whatever that is!

[Sound of trumpet] Ch-h-h-a-a-a-a-r-r-r-rge!!!!!

2 Comments:

  • At 10:35 AM , Blogger Rainbow Pastor said...

    Hi RDQ!

    I too took Labour Day off. It felt good! Sleep late, read a "popcorn" book, etc.

    What a week--lots of ups and downs.

    I'm reading Generation to Generation, too. Great stuff!

     
  • At 11:01 AM , Blogger Reverend Dona Quixote said...

    Hi yourself, RP!

    Yes, the Friedman stuff is very interesting. Boy, have I been barking up the wrong tree in at least one of my churches ... it will be interesting to try out some of his strategies.

    How's your office challenge? Y'all still operating out of boxes?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home