The Quixotic Pastor

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The Page 123 Meme

Tom in Ontario [whom I remember from the Desperate Preacher's site] over at Tom's Been Thinking tagged me for the following meme:

"I don't know if you're into the ‘meme' thing. I was tagged and sometimes I'm a "follow the rules" kind of guy and number 5 says "Tag five other people" and you're one of the five blogs I read who hasn't already done this meme. So here it is. Do with it what you will."

1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages).
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five other people.

OK, Tom and others, here we go. From Planets in Transit, Life Cycles For Living by Robert Hand. [How many pastors do you know who are amateur astrologers ...?]

The fifth sentence reads: "Be careful about games in which you and your partner manipulate emotions to gain power over each other." [I know the meme doesn't say to post this sentence, but it doesn't say not to, either ...]

Here's the next three: "Also be careful about feelings of possessiveness and jealousy, which are likely at this time. [Subhead: Moon Sextile Pluto] This transit arouses deep feelings and emotions. You desire experience at a very profound level and do not like superficial encounters."

Now, the difficult part of a meme: whom do I tag?

I figure that, if I tag someone who has already done this, they've done it so long ago that they're reading different books by now, and hence, able to play anew. So I tag ... well, that will have to wait until tomorrow.

P.S. --if you're reading this, consider yourself tagged! Comment and let me know if you've played.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:58 PM , Blogger Tom in Ontario said...

    I quit the Desperate Preacher's Site Discussion area cold turkey a long time ago. I found there was much more heat than light there and had enough. I go to the lectionary section from time to time and read what's there but find it's not much help to me. I was a regular reader and contributer to that site since I was in seminary but I feel like I've grown out of that site.

    For lectionary help I go to textweek.com

     
  • At 4:57 PM , Blogger Reverend Dona Quixote said...

    I know Tom --I love textweek, and that is the website that I utilize primarily in my worship prep.

    You may be interested in knowing that the biggest source of heat in lieu of light on the Desperate Preachers' site [at least IMHO] has now been banned from its pages, all of them, discussion as well as lectionary.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home