The Quixotic Pastor

Friday, September 15, 2006

Whew! What A Week

Yesterday I woke to a phone call that one of my congregants appeared to have been murdered in her bed, possibly by her live-in boyfriend, also a congregant. Two of her adult children are congregants. Many of her friends are congregants. I spent just about all day Thursday with the family and people involved.

Folks in this congregation are basically shocked at this point in time. So, in light of our little faith family being touched by violence --as well as one of our sister congregations experiencing a robbery at gunpoint at one of their major fundraising events-- I'm planning a kind of healing service for this Sunday for this congregation. I just want to remind us that God is with us in this experience. I don't expect to accomplish any healing per se, so much as to start the process ... and get people talking about it in a positive way, I hope.

The other congregation still gets "Mountain Sunday," so I am working on two completely different services and sermons for this Sunday.

If you are reading this, I solicit your prayers, not just for me, but for these congregations as well.

5 Comments:

  • At 2:51 PM , Blogger Rachel said...

    wow.
    ((your congregations))
    (((you))))
    blessings.

     
  • At 1:04 PM , Blogger Marie said...

    Wow. I'm reading, a little late. Lots of prayers from here.

     
  • At 6:34 PM , Blogger Rainbow Pastor said...

    Whoa, DOna... I hadn't heard. You and your congregation(s) are in my prayers and those of our community.

     
  • At 7:14 AM , Blogger Reverend Dona Quixote said...

    Thanks swan, marie and RP for all those prayers! The healing service Sunday appears to have gone well ... I'll know more as we find out more, IF we find out more.

     
  • At 2:53 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Oh no what a trauma for all of you.
    Certainly prayers for you and for your congregation, and the family.
    Please keep us posted as you are able.
    Prayers going up now.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home